Snapchat’s cutting-edge AI chatbot, powered by OpenAI’s groundbreaking ChatGPT technology, is now accessible to all users following its successful trial period with Snapchat+ subscribers. The remarkable expansion was unveiled at Snap’s annual Partner Summit in April 2023 and promptly commenced its global rollout. In addition to delivering a captivating chatbot experience within the app, My AI offers extensive customization options, empowering users to bestow it with a distinctive name and select a bespoke wallpaper for their conversations.
Previously exclusive to Snapchat+ subscribers, My AI has become universally available to all Snapchat users, marking a significant milestone. By default, My AI will be activated for users, who will be greeted with an introductory message from the AI chatbot. Subsequently, users can conveniently access their conversations via the Chat screen whenever desired. To engage with the chatbot, users must swipe from the Camera screen, granting them access to explore and experience its multifaceted capabilities. Among its myriad skills, the chatbot excels at suggesting birthday gift ideas, organizing invigorating hiking excursions for the weekends, providing delectable dinner recipes, crafting heartfelt poems, and much more.
Why Can’t I Get My AI on Snapchat?
Snapchat users encountering difficulties accessing the My AI chatbot should conduct a brief troubleshooting session. Here are a few steps to investigate the issue and potentially resolve it:
- Update the Snapchat app: Ensure that the app is up to date by downloading the latest version from the Play Store (for Android users) or the App Store (for iPhone users).
- Restart the app: If the chatbot remains inaccessible even after updating the app, a simple software glitch might be the culprit. Restarting the app can often rectify such issues. Clear the app from the device’s memory and relaunch it to check whether the My AI feature is now available.
- Clear the app cache: If restarting the app proves ineffective, clearing the app cache could offer a solution. The process may vary depending on whether you are using an iPhone or an Android device.
- For iPhone users: Access the device settings, locate and select ‘Snapchat,’ then choose ‘Clear Cache.’ Afterward, restart the app to verify if the My AI chatbot is now accessible.
- For Android users: Long-press the Snapchat app icon on the home screen or app drawer, and then tap on the ‘i’ symbol in the ensuing pop-up menu. Next, navigate to ‘Storage & cache’ or a similar option and select ‘Clear cache’ on the subsequent page. Finally, restart the app.
In the unlikely event that none of the aforementioned solutions prove effective, it is advisable to reach out to Snapchat support for further assistance. Alternatively, remain patient, as the rollout of My AI and its accompanying features is occurring gradually, which may explain why it is not yet available to all users. Snapchat assures users that “My AI and new My AI features are being gradually introduced and may not be immediately accessible to everyone.” For individuals encountering difficulties, rest assured that at least one of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips is likely to resolve the issue and enable access to this exciting new Snapchat feature.