Test results show a BDN integration with Infura and Alchemy can result in 600ms faster transactions
Chicago, IL – October 09, 2020 – bloXroute Labs, a technology start-up that built a Blockchain Distribution Network (BDN) to enable blockchains to scale, announced the results of their month long test that shows that if Infura and Alchemy nodes connect to the BDN, they can send transactions up to 600ms faster.
The research shows that this speed enhancement translates into real money for DeFi traders that use a node as a service provider because speed can make trading strategies more lucrative. For example, sending transactions fast can enable traders to more likely to win “race scenarios” like liquidating CDPs, capture arbitrage opportunities, and increase their chances of being mined in the next block and beating fee congestion.
bloXroute Labs Strategy & Operations Eleni Steinman explained the significance of these results for node as a service providers, DeFi traders, and the entire blockchain ecosystem, highlighting that slow nodes are likely to cost users money and improving node speed is as simple as users asking their node as a service provider to add a bloXroute integration or users connecting directly to the BDN via the bloXroute Gateway or Cloud-API.
Eyal Markovich, Co-Founder and COO, further explains the importance of the results:
“The outcome of this test confirmed what we already knew, bloXroute is fast. But we wanted to quantify exactly how fast. With such significant speed differentials, an integration with the BDN should be a top consideration for users when selecting a node as a service provider. We are pleased that these results have already stirred up new interest in additional BDN integrations.”
In August 2020, Chainstack, another node as a service provider, announced their own integration with bloXroute to deploy the BDN, meaning that the Chainstack community now enjoys a complimentary bloXroute Gateway (access point to the BDN) with all of their mainnet Ethereum nodes. bloXroute is now in discussions with several additional providers.
bloXroute benchmarked the performance of sending transactions directly through bloXroute’s BDN (blxr_tx) versus sending transactions to two different node infrastructure as a service providers, Infura and Alchemy. The two measurements recorded include:
- How many times blxr_tx was faster than the node provider without bloXroute?
- When bloXroute service was faster, by how much was it winning? That is, how long after the tx message arrived from blxr_tx did it arrive from the other service?
The results show a significant speed differential from 450 to 600ms faster for transactions that used the bloXroute BDN. The BDN achieves this using advanced networking techniques, such as dynamic route selection and optimized topology. In short, this means that if node infrastructure as a service providers, Infura and Alchemy, use bloXroute, their users are able to send transactions faster to the Ethereum network.
- bloXroute is backed by leading venture capitalists (e.g. MetaStable, Pantera, Coinbase Ventures, ZhenFund, 1 Confirmation, Fenbushi, etc.) and founded by networking experts from Northwestern University.
- bloXroute built the network infrastructure to scale Web 3.0 by propagating transactions and blocks extremely fast at the networking layer, or Layer 0.
- To achieve this advanced scalability, the BDN uses advanced networking techniques, such as internal caching, cut-through routing, dynamic route selection, and optimized topology.
- The network requires no protocol changes or compromises to security or decentralization.
- The BDN operates underneath the blockchain at Layer 0, so it is compatible with Layer 1 and Layer 2 solutions and PoS, PoW, and hybrid frameworks.
- More info can be found by visiting bloxroute.com or on the bloXroute Medium page.
Notice: Information contained herein is not and should not be construed as an offer, solicitation, or recommendation to buy or sell securities. The information has been obtained from sources we believe to be reliable; however no guarantee is made or implied with respect to its accuracy, timeliness, or completeness. Authors may own the crypto currency they discuss. The information and content are subject to change without notice. Visionary Financial and its affiliates do not provide investment, tax, legal or accounting advice.