BLOXROUTE LABS REVEALS RESULTS OF BITCOIN CASH MINING TEST
Bitcoin miners and pools propagate large blocks substantially faster using the Blockchain Distribution Network
Chicago, IL – July 10, 2019 - bloXroute Labs, a technology start-up that built a Blockchain Distribution Network (BDN) to scale all blockchains, announced today the results from their two month long Bitcoin Cash Mining Test performed live on the BCH testnet. bloXroute partnered with the largest bitcoin miners and mining pools including BTC.com, F2Pool, Rawpool, and Great North Data to measure performance with and without bloXroute under circumstances that closely mirror the real world. The test consisted of two phases; in Phase 1 miners mined without bloXroute to establish a baseline and during Phase 2 miners mined with bloXroute to measure performance metrics such as block propagation time. Eyal Markovich, COO, says: “Knowing that block propagation improvement is key to the success of miners, we wanted them to be the first to test the BDN. We were very happy to see such eagerness from leading mining pools to partner with us.”
The test began in May and was completed in early July to prelude the launch of bloXroute’s BDN in Q3 2019. Visionary Financial had the ability to visit bloXroute labs back in May of this year, where leadership had talked about these upcoming developments. You can see our original on-site interview with bloXroute Labs here.
During testing, bloXroute generated 21 million transactions on the testnet network to encourage larger blocks and ultimately over two hundred and fifty 32MB blocks were mined by participants. Results show propagation times to China ranging between 2-18 seconds on large blocks with bloXroute, compared to up to 185 seconds without. [Note: Propagation times include block validation, which has taken between 1-5 seconds on large blocks]. Eyal Markovich, COO, further explains: “These results demonstrate the BDN’s ability to allow miners to hear about and send large blocks faster and enable them to mine more efficiently. Going into testing we had an idea where we would bring value, but we also found other use cases such as helping the network recover from forks faster, enhancing the performance of Compact blocks, and improving propagation to China. This improvement of performance in China is very important to the ecosystem since many miners are located in China ”
China showed the largest improvement in propagation time; a node in Beijing received and validated 32MB blocks from its peers between 17 – 151 seconds, but using the BDN the same node received and validated large blocks in just 3.4 – 7 seconds. Charles Yu, F2Pool COO, comments: “The result from BCH testnet looks great! The latency has been reduced dramatically, especially when the blocks were large.” David Li, YeeCo CIO and Rawpool Founder, adds: “After close collaboration with bloXroute on BCH test, I’m very excited about the result! We’re also impressed with the capability of bloXroute team and look forward to even better outcome after the mainnet launch.” Full results of the test are published on bloXroute’s Medium.
Below are highlights of the project. If you have any questions or are interested in speaking with the team, please email email@example.com.
- bloXroute is a leading venture-backed technology startup founded by networking experts from Northwestern University.
- bloXroute has developed a BDN that scales blockchains to 1000’s of transactions per second by propagating blocks faster.
- To achieve this advanced scalability, the BDN uses advanced networking techniques such as internal caching, encryption, and cut-through routing.
- The network is provably neutral and requires no protocol changes or compromises to security or decentralization.
- The BDN operates underneath the blockchain at Layer 0, so it is compatible with Layer 1 and Layer 2 solutions and
- PoS, PoW, and hybrid frameworks.
- bloXroute is releasing Version 1 of the BDN in Q3 2019 with BTC, BCH, and ETH integration.Version 1 of the bloXroute
- BDN will be a fully operational network with at least 15 nodes across 5 continents.
- As activity levels increase, bloXroute will scale up the network: targeting 30–50 nodes in Q3 2019.
- More info can be found by visiting www.bloxroute.com or on the bloXroute Medium page.